Globally, Polyamide (or Nylon) is one of the most utilized materials in aquaculture. Nylon, like Polyester, provides a good balance of material strength and durability at a lower up-front cost compared to UHMWPE products.
Badinotti has a wealth of experience with Nylon net installations for all types of species worldwide.
- Badinotti produces standard titles with varying weights and breaking loads.*
- Our standard range, average single mesh breaking loads of between 7.5kg – 680kg.
- The standard knot is the standard product, and Badinotti is one of the few European producers of knotless Nylon net with the Super Knot style.
- Anti-fouling can be applied to Nylon material if the local conditions and washing techniques require it.
- Various resin products can be applied to enhance the longevity of the material.
- White is the standard color for Nylon. However, black and other dyed colors can be custom ordered at the client’s request.
- Square and Hexagonal Mesh can be produced.
*Badinotti also collaborates with clients based on their specific needs.
Why Choose Nylon Plus?
Flexibility & Elasticity
Nylon is one of the most flexible material types and has more elasticity before breakage as compared to UHMWPE materials.
Size & Shape
When compared to UHMWPE materials, Nylon can have a higher level of shrinkage over the life of the net.
This can be offset with Resin application or Badinotti’s industry-leading AB-Lock® product. AB-Lock® ensures higher resistance to abrasion and lower shrinkage throughout the cycle.
Nylon fiber has a sinking characteristic which means that a lead line should not be required to maintain the cage shape. This would also depend on the traditional weight method utilized.